The goal of Training Module 3 is to provide in-depth information and learning opportunities to support child welfare workers in working with diverse families affected by mental health disorders, co-occurring disorders, trauma, and domestic violence. It presents signs and symptoms of co-occurring and mental health disorders and includes domestic violence terminology. The module also includes an overview of treatment modalities within a culturally competent, family-centered framework.
After completing this training, child welfare workers will:
- Identify the spectrum and types of mental health disorders.
- Recognize signs and symptoms of co-occurring and mental health disorders.
- Explain the effect of trauma on co-occurring disorders.
- Recognize domestic violence in the child welfare population.
- Recognize the effects of co-occurring and mental health disorders on interpersonal relationships and parenting.
- Engage with families to identify co-occurring and mental health disorders.
- Understand treatment effectiveness and recovery from co-occurring disorders.